Privicy Policy and GPDR Compiance
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to sell our goods and services to our customers; to promote and advertise our services; maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relating to the above reasons/purposes. This information may include:
- personal details
- good and services
- financial details
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- education and employment details
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- trade union membership
- religious or other beliefs
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- professional advisers and consultants
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- current, past or prospective employers
- educators and examining bodies
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- employment and recruitment agencies
- business associates
- financial organisations
- consultants and professional advisers
- credit reference agencies
- debt collection agencies
- recruitment agencies
- central government
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you are registering an account with us you will be given an option to 'opt in' to marketing / newsletters. This is your choice and we do not send emails other than those required to complete your order without explict permission.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- you may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Date Protection Regulations. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Greens Flag Shop Ltd t/a Greens of Gloucestershire. Company No. 8801685 Registered in England. Registered Office 9 Craven Close, Bishop's Cleeve, Cheltenham. GL52 8FH. VAT No. GB 982 8809 61.
- your right to be forgotten. We are happy to remove any and all data not required to comply with current finance and business legilation. Just email a request to. Greens Flag Shop Ltd t/a Greens of Gloucestershire. Company No. 8801685 Registered in England. Registered Office 9 Craven Close, Bishop's Cleeve, Cheltenham. GL52 8FH. VAT No. GB 982 8809 61. We will automatically remove and destroy any data as soon as no longer needed.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Greens Flag Shop Ltd trading as Greens of Gloucestershire is registered with the Information Commisioners Office. For more information please see: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/